Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Almost 2 already.

It's been a while since I updated the blog. That's fine. A lot has been happening, and has happened, since my last post.

We're living in Dawson City Yukon now. Robb found work way up here, so we took it, as we were getting further and further into debt. The trip up here took 6, 5-7 hour days with the twins. It wasn't as tiring as I thought it would be, and the short driving days made it a lot easier. We lived in a hotel for a while, but then lucked out on a one bedroom place in town. It's a lot better than the hotel room, but we are growing out of it quickly. We are hoping to move come summer, into a 3 bedroom being rented out by our MLA.

The twins are growing like bamboo. They are both behind, development wise, but I'm trying not to worry. They will get it eventually. Spark is only a little bit behind on her communication and gross motor skills. Silas is behind on a lot more. We're watching him, and getting help for him. He has only a handful of words, and we suspect he might be on the autism spectrum, but have no confirmation yet. He is still pretty young. For now we're playing a lot, teaching them as much as we can, and are trying to just let them grow at their own pace as they please.

We are anxious to start potty training, as we are seeing a lot of the signs that they are both ready; not wanting a dirty diaper, telling us in some way they are about to go, etc. But this place is absolutely tiny, so we might wait until we move.

The year ahead promises to have a lot of milestones for the twins. Small, but still milestones. They'll start using the toilet themselves, they will start to talk in small sentences, they will start to ask why. They will sing songs, draw pictures, learn their ABC's and 123's. Everything their dad and I are looking forward to.

As for Robb and I - well, Robb's working away, busy as ever. I'm starting to make sweaters for sale at the farmer's market in the summer. I bought a template of sorts, more of a tutorial, on how to make these awesome sweaters, and with the $1 Saturday's they have at the thrift store every month, it's a cheap business to start up. Right now, I am in the process of finding a serger that's up to the task of making all these sweaters. That part is proving to be most difficult.

Another something I'm wanting to start is the Clinical Herbal Therapy program at Dominion Herbal College in Burnaby. Most of it is distance learning, but each year for a week I'd have to go in for seminars.(It's a 4 year diploma program.) It's not the end of the world, for sure, and we'd probably make it a family trip.

Other than that, there's not much to report. Babies grow, time passes, we dream and have fun. :)

1 comment:

  1. You don't say it's been a while... I honestly wasn't expecting your blog to pop up on my reader! But it was good to see it. =)

    Thanks for the update. It's nice to read, even though I see facebook status updates more frequently.

    ReplyDelete