So, we are kind of sick of where we live. I'm sure I've mentioned this to some of you. It was great starting out, but definitely not somewhere we'd like to permanently set up camp. (That is, this apartment, not the area.) That being said though, we are thinking of moving somewhere more rural... maybe the Sunshine Coast, or on the Island somewhere. It'll be hard to find work at first, but the rent would be cheaper and small towns amuse me. Robb's applied for a job in Victoria doing something he would have fun doing, and pays very well. I'm hoping it goes through, but the job posting doesn't end until January so we probably won't know until February. Send out good thoughts, everyone!
In other news, our car got broken into a few days ago. Okay, broken into is not the best description. More like, we forgot to lock it and someone decided to take advantage of that. They took a few CD's, one (not both) of the USB drives that were in there, and - for some strange reason - the car manual. There were things left that could have sold for a lot, so we're guessing this was just someone who saw an opportunity and jumped on it, not really having done it before. We're baffled about the car manual. Oh, and the hood was popped too, but nothing was missing. We checked the brakes and they were fine....
Also, I have a new job already. I'm pretty glad I got hired. It's cashiering at PriceSmart Foods. The guy that hired me said he couldn't guarantee me hours, and that I'd get about 4-8 hours a week, but then mentioned that they hired someone a week earlier who was getting 32 hours a week. The key is being available to come in with little notice. I shouldn't have a problem with that. Training is this week.
Anyway, I should shower and then we're going out. Value Village is having 50% off again today!
noooooooooooooooo you're NOT allowed to move away!!
ReplyDelete