I'm finding the new job pretty easy. There's a lot to remember, especially PLU codes for produce, but overall it seems to be pretty straight forward. We got to practice with produce which I think was the most fun. We went to the produce section and loaded up a basket, then rung them all through. Then, for the first time today, we actually had customers. It was pretty easy, but I'm apprehensive about being on my own! For some reason, I hate asking for help because I feel stupid. At my first job, when I was fifteen, I was put on a till on my first shift in the middle of a very busy rush hour without any training or anything. I ended up voiding transactions for the first hour or two just because I didn't know how to tender them, and it was too hectic to ask anyone. So basically, I'd cost the company a few hundred dollars because I wasn't trained. We've had a lot of training at this job, but I'm still apprehensive about asking for help I am going to need, or looking like I don't know what I'm doing if I get stuck. I just want things to go smoothly, and it will eventually I guess.
The twins got their 6 months shots finally. They've been having a rough day, and had a rough night last night. today is a lot better though.
It smells like someone is making a lemon cake somewhere in the building. Maybe it's just my imagination.
So, we're getting a good rebate from the government. Robb finally had time to do the taxes today. We were both behind a few years. If we get the rebate it looks like we're going to get, we can finally move out, and maybe even start our business. I'm really excited. We are also looking into housing assistance, as we made well below the required amount this year with Robb being on parental leave and me not working much. We'd like to see if Robb can find work first so we can (hopefully) move closer to where that may be. We're both hoping it will be on the island, as that's where we'd like to live and buy our land.
This post is already three days old, as I can't seem to find the time to write these days. Right now the babies are watching Pocoyo, Baby Boy is chewing on a blanket and Baby Girl is sucking her thumb. I work later today, so I should do the laundry, but my mind is on other things like non-profits and orphaned children. (www.sanctuaryforkids.org)
Kim
Great update, Kim! What kind of business do you guys want to open up? I'm excited for you all! =)
ReplyDeleteIt's a baby clothing business. I won't go into detail, because it seems lately that's jinxed things for me. Suffices to say, it's a cute idea, and we've already got an artist picked out for our designs. We have yet to register the name, but all in good time. I'm pretty excited. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck on Robb's job AND moving out. You know where I am if you need a hand with things. Oh, and BTW, go you and the produce! :)
ReplyDelete<3 <3 <3