Three weeks ago I had a job. I was really excited, because the company was exciting. I had opportunities at every turn, from advancement, to online courses I could take for free. The job was simple, the people friendly.
Unfortunately, my bursitis came back. For those who don't know, 2 years ago I had crippling bursitis in my hip. I had to quit my job, and was more-or-less confined to my bed, or the couch. I had good days that allowed me to go out, but working was out of the question. Apparently, working is still out of the question. That is to say, any work that requires me to stand for long periods of time. I'm quite angry about this, as Robb and I both were looking forward to paying off some bills this month. Now, every day, I'm on craigslist looking for jobs I can do to earn a little extra cash. We're hoping our tax rebate comes soon.
Three weeks from now will nearly be the start of a new year. Isaac's birthday is on the 31st, mine two weeks later. Christmas is soon, and Mom, Tom and Isaac will be over to celebrate the twins' first Christmas with us. We seriously need to clean this place up before then! Most of it is boxes that we've emptied, or formula boxes. Luckily we have recycling bins just by our garbage bin so it's easy to dispose of.
In other news, Robb and I have been thinking of starting a blog for our journey "into the wild" so-to-speak. Our dream is to own a small bit of land a build a house on it. Not a conventional house by any means. Probably a yurt at first, or permanently. We've not decided yet. We're also looking into living sustainably, and have found many great resources online, including ways to use your own waste to fertilize your garden. We've also found ways to reuse our grey water. All in all, I think it's going to be a fun adventure! Look forward to our blog in the near future.
Spark's getting fussy so I'd better wrap up for today.
Ohhh Kim, I hate hearing about people in pain in general, but especially you. It's not fair for someone so ambitious to be confined due to something like this... =(
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read your new blog! I wonder if you can host bake sales from your home to make some extra income? Maybe advertise it on those sites and maybe at grocery stores and see what that brings in? Maybe give people the option of ordering in advance so that you have an idea about how much to bake? I'm not sure!
I know you'll figure something out... I think about you and your little family all the time, and I really wish you all the best... lots of love from a procrastinating cousin (I really ought to be studying... haha). =P
You reminded me of something called "In-Dey-Go", a company that sells cookie dough. I was contemplating bake sales, but have little time to do baking. I could, however, probably fit in time to throw together some dough... whether it be bread dough, cookie dough... and see where I get with that. I only wish I had thought of it sooner (or read your comment sooner!) so I could have taken advantage of the holiday shopping madness lol :) Thank you for your kind words. :)
ReplyDelete