Monday, December 20, 2010

8 months

The twins were born nearly 8 months ago. What a journey it has been so far.

In the past month, Silas has reached a few substantial milestones. He has succeeded at: reaching for wanting to be picked up, getting up on his hands and knees, sitting up on his own, and getting to a sitting position from being on his stomach. He learns so quickly, once he has a mind to.

Spark has learned to crawl already. She's not as all-over-the-place as I thought she would be though. As long as she has some toys around her, she pretty much stays in the same area. Every now and again though, much to my dismay, I see her break free and go after something (usually cords, sometimes a chair.)

Robb and I are more career minded these days. I am looking into 3D Animation and Design, and Robb is looking into Programming. Unfortunately, school is expensive, so we'll plummet more into debt before we can get out of it. I'm trying to be optimistic these days, but it's proving hard. I was excited to have a job, and my depression sank in more when my hip acted up again and I lost the ability to work. Now Robb is looking for part time work, and I feel bad. He tells me not to, and there's no reason I should. (He doesn't mind working.) I know this, for I am a rational person, but unfortunately depression overrides rational thinking - at least in my case. It's so hard to get out of a depressive mindset, and when you feel like a failure, even harder.

In the meantime, I spend every second looking after - and having fun with - the twins. Every day they get easier to look after, and every day they develop a little more. I'm anxiously awaiting the day they will be able to walk to the park with me, or even walk to the car on their own. It will make going out so much easier. We are also working on signing with them more. They know the sign for "tickle", and they lift up their arms if they want to be picked up - which isn't an ASL sign, but we still consider it signing.

I am hoping that a year from now I will be in a better place, both physically and mentally. I am looking forward to VCON next year, and am working on some art to sell at the art auction. That being said, I think I am going to go work on it, as I just put Silas down to bed.

Goodnight Dear Void.

No comments:

Post a Comment