Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Holidays

Today is December 23rd, and as a Christmas Eve Eve present the twins get vaccinations. Lovely! Poor babies. The only consolation is that they might sleep pretty well tonight because of them. I am hoping Silas does not get the fever her got last time. It was quite worrying.

We have been furiously cleaning the apartment in anticipation of company over the next couple of days. Mom, Tom, and Isaac are on their way as I speak, and should be here in about 5 hours. We are so excited. I'm glad the twins will be able to see their family. I'm glad we'll be able to see them too, and play games, and eat good food and have fun. I might lock them in the closet so they can't leave.

We bought a steam vacuum. Unfortunately, Temu has never learned not to pee wherever he sees fit. He's "not all there" as is said... and no amount of training has ever taught him not to pee on the carpet. He does use the litter box, he's just a dumb cat. :/ (The real problem is, someone here before us had a dog/cat/animal who peed everywhere, Temu smells it, tries to cover it up...) So anyway, we're paying for it. Hopefully our next place will have laminate and we can clean it up right when he does it. It frustrates me to no end, and if there were someone gracious enough to take him, I'd hand him over. It makes me sad, because he's not my cat, he's Robb's, and I know Robb loves him despite his flaws. I also know that... well, it's just gross, and unsanitary, and smells bad, and so forth. Some people have asked me if he'd do OK outside on a farm, but he's such a dumb cat he'd probably use up his 9 lives THAT DAY. Anyway... I can bitch and moan but it's not going to make the problem go away.

I should get back to cleaning. I just felt compelled to write and too often I ignore that feeling. Robb accidentally knocked over the tree earlier, (we're moving everything around so we can steam vacuum) so I'm going to go put the decorations back on and make it look pretty again.

Ta-Ta for now :)

1 comment:

  1. We had such a good time - wish it were longer! I think I'll plan for a week when I come down in April so we can have more time. :)

    ReplyDelete