Monday, August 23, 2010

4 months old.

... and a couple hours. I just put Silas in a 6-9 month shirt! He looks handsome. It's a short-sleeved button-up shirt. My little man... 

It actually does seem like 4 months have passed since I had them. Twins are a lot of work. Had I had triplets we would have seriously looked for more help - volunteers, and the like - to get us through. As it was, I sacrificed a lot of sleep and sanity to make it through those first couple months. It's completely worth it. 

I was commenting to Robb that I do not feel like a mom yet. I'll probably feel like a mom when they are able to communicate more, interact more; probably around the time they start walking and talking. Then it'll hit me one day when I'm not expecting it and I'll cry. These little beings depend on me to make it work. Not just me, but Robb as well. (But I'll let him blog about his own experience.) Whatever Robb can't fix, I have to be able to. Those bad days when nothing goes right, that's mom territory right there. I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to it a lot. I love my babies, but I can't wait until they are able to play and communicate and walk. We are going to have the best days!

Things the twins are working towards:

Crawling - they can raise themselves up on their arms, get their legs under them, but not move much. 
Sounds - they are making more sounds every day. Spark says "mmmmmmmmmuuhh" when she's hungry, and "mmmuh mmmuh" when she's in pain from a gas bubble or something. Silas does not yet make any distinguishable sounds as far as I can tell. 
Movement - Silas will reach out for us when he's lonely or sad. Spark does it a bit too, but not as much - I think only because she seems to be a lot more independent. 

Watching them grow is so exciting! :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw... Kim, I can't wait for you to feel like a mom someday, haha. I wish we were closer so I could help more! Poor John doesn't know what to do with babies... though if he did, I'm sure he'd help, too. He says he's really scared of holding them because he doesn't want to hurt them or make them cry. Truth be told, he's like that with pretty much anything, babies or grown-ups... =P

    I do want to move to Van someday for my Masters, and hopefully by then, your babies won't be too grown up for a babysitter from time to time whenever mum and dad want some time to themselves. Fingers crossed! But of course, you always have Holly there, too.

    Keep on keeping on... you're doing a wonderful job as a mom, even if you don't see yourself in the mom role just yet. I saw it by just the way you were treating your little ones the last time we were together. =P

    Take care, everyone!

    ReplyDelete