Monday, August 16, 2010

Tout Doucement

When I was little, and first heard this song, I knew maybe 10 words of the French language. My little brain wanted to understand why she was saying "To do, to do, to do some more" and the rest of the song was in French. I apparently didn't have the deductive reasoning skills enough to realize that what I was hearing was actually French.

I love playing with words. The title of this blog, "Two Deux Some More", is a few things. First of all, it is Two, and Deux, because of Spark and Silvanus. As this is mostly a twin blog, I felt a play on the number two appropriate. Second it is a look back to my childhood, just how innocent it all seemed, and how much we thought we knew. Finally, it is a tribute to a song that has always been in the back of my mind. It's English lyrics are a little confusing, but the point gets across - go slowly, love simply, take care of the little ones; all things I look forward to doing.

All slow, all slow, all slowly 
Always, all slow, all slowly 
This way 
Life is amazing. 

All slow, all slow, all slowly 
Always, all slow, all slowly 
This way 
Life, I understand it. 

Never go too fast 
You got all the time you need 
Beware of the dynamite 
Take care of volcanoes 
Of those young nervous ones 
Who don't know how to go 

All slow, all slow, all slowly 
Always, all slow, all slowly 
This way 
Strolling prettily 

Never go too fast 
Loving simply 
To get success 
Be very very cautious 
Love will then come 
And snuggle up in your arms 

All slow, all slow, all slowly 
Always, all slow, all slowly 
This way 
Strolling prettily 
Smiling prettily 
Strolling prettily 
All slowly

1 comment: