Sunday, August 29, 2010

Family doctor, work, and other things...

We finally found a family doctor accepting new patients. I'm really hoping we like her. The twins get their four month checkup, and I (hopefully) get a note saying I am "physically and psychologically capable of working with children." ("Hopefully" because they might not do it this appointment, and instead make another appointment for a full physical, only delaying my job start date.) Oh, I forgot to mention; I had an interview on Thursday for a job at North Shore Neighborhood House for a daycare position. All went well and they had me do up the paperwork. I only need to supply them with three references and the doctors note and I'm on my way.

I had a slight breakdown the other day when I realized I'd be working. It was kind of out of the blue. I don't want to be away from Spark and Silas. I'm going to miss a lot of them growing up. A job isn't just a job, it's getting the right amount of sleep, getting ready for work in the morning, winding down after work at night. An 8 hour day is more like 20 hours because of all that (commute included...). It's going to be really stressful, and I'll only see the twins for an hour or two each day. I'm going to miss them so much. If I don't work though, we don't have enough money. I have to keep reminding myself that even though I'm not physically there with them, I'm still "there for them" in providing a better life for them. I never thought it would be this hard.

I'll try to think of happier things. Like the fact that Value Village is having a 50% off sale tomorrow. I'm going in to buy a whole bunch of sweaters to up-cycle into new sweaters. It is kind of a patchwork project. It's going to be a lot of fun! I have some cool ideas floating around in my brain, so we'll see how they work out. (Or if I'll even get any time to work on them!)

Also, I found this blog. I haven't read much of it, but I happened by it just now, looking up "upcycling" in Google. It wasn't a link in my Google search, but was a link within a link. It looks interesting. :)

The twins are both asleep now, so I'm going to design some sweaters!

2 comments:

  1. Try not to be too sad, Kim... maybe when the twins are old enough, they can go to that daycare, too! Then you can see them quite a bit. =)

    I don't know if I got a call from that Daycare place. I may have, because my home phone said we had one missed call on the 1st, but I didn't get a call on my cell. =(

    Anyway, hope all is well...! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need an update! Did you like the doctor? Are you still going to her? Keep writing, Kim. XOXO

    ReplyDelete