It's not even a huge discrepancy. Spark has been able to grab things for a while now. She knows how to grab her toys, how to hold on to them; she likes being on her belly and can push herself up some on her arms. Heck, another couple weeks and she'll nearly be crawling.
Silas likes his toys but isn't too grabby yet. I'll put something in his hand and he'll hold on to it for a little bit, but it'll fall out. I'll put him in his chair with the toys hanging down in front of him. Because his only action these days is to jam his fists into his mouth, I think he's only grabbing the toys by accident while his hand is on it's way to Drool City. He also hates being on his stomach, so any progress towards crawling is near zero. I did get him to not freak out for a bit today while he was on his stomach, by sitting in front of him calling his name, talking to him, etc. But after about a minute he just didn't care anymore and wanted off.
They're both happy little ones. Spark is eating normally. Silas's eating habits are a bit erratic. He'll eat, and then be hungry still, so we'll give him more to eat, then he'll proceed to spit up anywhere from 1-15 mls... sometimes more. The only time I know he won't spit up after eating is if he falls asleep during eating and I put him to bed. I don't know what's wrong really, he's been on the same formula since he was 2 weeks old. The only thing that's changed is the water - Coquitlam water is soft, Calgary water is hard. We still boil it before we make formula, so the actual water shouldn't be enough of a difference to make him this sick. Also, it started about 10 days after moving here, so had the change been water or surroundings related, it most likely would have manifested a lot earlier. He just seems crankier than usual as well. I'm putting my money on reflux. I know it, I've had it, it sucks big time for stomach cramps (which is why he probably doesn't like being on his stomach) and would be why he's spitting up more.
We're calling a family doctor tomorrow. They're only a few blocks away, and we found them online saying they were accepting new patients, so here's hoping! The doctor listed as accepting new patients has recently graduated from UBC, which I think is good. I like the new, fresh-minded doctors sometimes. We'll see how it goes. (I'm officially reminding myself to ask them about something to ease Silas's stomach.)
For now, babies are asleep and I am going to follow suit.
Goodnight dear Void.
don't worry about development... they DO go at their own paces, and both babies are well within "typical" range. And since Aunty works for Supported Child Development, you can bet I'll be watching for any warning signs! lol
ReplyDeleteps: don't forget too that they are technically premies... so they can easily be a month or so "behind" without concern. :)
ReplyDelete